Market 36 Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Workshop Operative for our client based in Braintree on a permanent basis.
Our client manufactures and supplies Cast Metal Products for the engineering and construction sectors including stair nosings and cast metal facades.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an organisation with a varied project workload and excellent scope for progression.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Making drill jigs
- Shot blasting
- Fettling (Grinding) with angle grinders
- Plasma cutting
- Straightening material
- Application of resins to metal
- Using hand tools files etc.
- Reading drawings and QA documents
- Completing QA documents and final inspection
- Packing materials
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience working in heavy Industrial Engineering Environment.
- Ideally have experience as a fettler, or other similar foundry/engineering roles.
- Abrasive wheels training (ideally).
- Hard working and self-motivated.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally have 3 GCSE’s including Maths & English and Science (C or above).
- Flexible with working hours – additional hours and weekends
Candidates without these qualifications but who can demonstrate relevant industrial knowledge and experience will be considered.
Working hours are Monday – Thursday 7.00am – 3.30pm and Friday 7.00am – 2.30pm (minimum 39 hours per week). Additional hours and weekends available.
In return our client is offering up to £10.56 – £11.20 per hour (including attendance bonus).
- Weekday and Saturday overtime – x1.5
- Weekend Sunday overtime – x2
Our client also offers 30 days annual leave per annum (8 statutory days plus 22 days), annual FSEG event, attendance bonus £1 per hour worked (standard contracted hours only), annual bonus (not guaranteed), company pension scheme, Christmas vouchers, workwear provided and laundered, onsite canteen with free fruit, coffee/tea, milk and cold water machine, onsite parking.
Market 36 Recruitment Ltd cover a variety of sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Engineering, and Property/Estate Agency as well as many more. We take pride on building strong working relationships with local employers and candidates.
|Job Category||Engineering, Industrial|
|Salary||£10.56 - £11.20|