Market 36 Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager for our client based in Braintree on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the production department and to ensure the smooth day to day running of the Operations and Production
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You are directly responsible for the following Employees/Areas: Fast Loop, Loose Mould, Old Carousel/Core Shop, Line/Knockout, New Carousel, Foundry Office/Lab, Yard, Fettling/Goods Out, Pattern Shop and Maintenance.
- Implement and update procedures that are required to support the company to obtain ISO9001 status.
- Managing staff TBT training, appraisals, disciplinaries where required.
- Communicating with Sales Office to ensure production outputs are met.
- Ensure housekeeping is in good order.
- Organize Sand disposal, skips emptied etc.
- QA – QMS procedure are followed.
- Ensuring first off sample sheets are completed and returned to sales office
- Methods Control – using Trello.
- Trello – any actions are progressed and completed in good time.
- Maintain info log storing all critical details.
- Collating item information/documents.
- Updating log with ongoing information as required.
- Monitor rejects & raise concerns.
- Monthly stock count.
- Raising concerns regarding internal job cards/production packs.
- Managing purchase requests for items e.g., moulding, fettling consumables.
- Provide feedback, where necessary, to Directors
- Suggest improvements to procedures, operating methods etc. to increase efficiency.
- Work to provide results in a timely manner in accordance with planned dates/times.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum to NVQ Level 3 Advanced Mechanical Engineering (Craft and Technician)/Foundry.
- Management or Supervisory Training e.g., ILM level 3 or above (ideally level 5)
- QA ISO 9001 experience and understanding.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Ideally, 5+ years’ experience as a Technician/Engineer.
- Foundry experience ideally.
- Ideally, 2+ years’ experience as a manager of a department.
- Experience 5+ years of team working (10 or more people).
- Ideally have 5 GCSE’s including Maths & English and Science (C or above).
- An excellent working knowledge of Windows and MS Office
- MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel most importantly.
- Experience using ERP systems, ideally Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills but also able to work on your own initiative.
- Willing to contribute when required to manual work within production.
- Organised and tidy.
- Ability to learn as you go.
- Ability to solve problems effectively.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7.00am – 3.30pm.
In return our client offers a salary of up to £40,000 – £45,000 per annum depending on experience and free on-site parking.
Market 36 Recruitment Ltd cover a variety of sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Engineering, and Property/Estate Agency as well as many more. We take pride on building strong working relationships with local employers and candidates.
|Job Category||Engineering, Industrial, Management, Production, Warehouse|
|Salary||£40,000 - £45,000|