Market 36 Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer for our client based in Braintree on a permanent basis.
Our client manufactures and supplies Cast Metal Products for the engineering and construction sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an organisation with a varied project workload and excellent scope for progression. The job is to ensure the smooth day to day running of the company wide machines and buildings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Assist the planning of breakdown maintenance of the whole site.
· Assist the planning and implementation of new project installations.
· Assist engagement and liaison with sub-contractors, vehicles service operators and insurance inspectors.
· Assist in purchasing maintenance related products and services. Maintain efficient maintenance spares and factory consumables store.
· Routine production related tasks.
· Site Security.
· Assist in the management of staff overalls.
· Assist in management of company vehicles (Forklifts, Cherry Picker, Van etc).
· Supervision of labourers working in your immediate area.
· Assist in Lean Manufacturing initiatives and tidiness of your area.
· Assist in Supervising of apprentices/trainees when allocated to the maintenance department.
· Provide full support to all maintenance team.
· Provide feedback to your line supervisor/manager.
· Suggest improvements to procedures, equipment, operating methods etc. to increase efficiency.
· Work to provide results in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Apprenticeship minimum to NVQ Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering (Craft and Technician)/Foundry.
· Hydraulics and pneumatics training/experience.
· Electrical qualifications – Electrical Maintenance basics at a minimum.
· IOSH or NEBOSH qualification advantageous
· Ideally, 3+ years’ experience as a maintenance Technician/engineer.
· Experience 3+ years of team working (2 or more people).
· Ideally have 5 GCSE’s including Math & English and Science (C or above).
· A working knowledge of Windows and MS Office
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills but also able to work on your own initiative.
- Organised and tidy.
· Ability to solve problems effectively.
Working hours are Monday – Thursday 7.00am – 3.30pm and Friday 7.00am – 2.30pm (minimum 39 hours per week). Additional hours and weekends available.
In return our client is offering up to £13.12 – £14.68 per hour (including attendance bonus).
Our client also offers 30 days annual leave per annum (8 statutory days plus 22 days), annual FSEG event, attendance bonus £1 per hour worked (standard contracted hours only), annual bonus (not guaranteed), company pension scheme, Christmas vouchers, workwear provided and laundered, onsite canteen with free fruit, coffee/tea, milk and cold water machine, onsite parking.
Market 36 Recruitment Ltd cover a variety of sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Engineering, and Property/Estate Agency as well as many more. We take pride on building strong working relationships with local employers and candidates.
|Job Category||Engineering, Industrial, Production|
|Salary||£26,600 - £29,770|