Market 36 Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Global Logistics Service Manager for our client based in Braintree on a permanent basis.
This is a new role within our client’s operation so is an excellent opportunity to implement and develop existing processes.
The successful candidate will have experience within a similar role and will have the ability to assist in the development of the department.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for global logistics activity
- Providing management and leadership to internal logistics capability
- Managing the relationship with external logistics providers
- Minimising the cost of logistics activities whilst maintaining standards and security
- Work closely with the sales department, enabling new business with low cost and innovative logistics solutions
- Enhancing the profitability of existing logistics workload
- Monitoring the services provided and ensure SLA compliance
- Manage and flex the size and capabilities of the internal fleet, currently operating from 4 depots
- Manage and mentor the group of logistics professionals to ensure skills growth and coverage and enhanced employee satisfaction
Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- Experience in running an internal logistics infrastructure
- Experience in developing and managing third-party logistics relationship/capabilities
- Understanding of security in a logistics environment
- Experience in managing and developing a distributed team of remote employees
- Experience in European and Global logistics activities would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the legislation associated with driving and operating a vehicle
- CPC management qualified
Working hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
In return our client offers a salary of £45,000 per annum with free on-site parking.
Market 36 Recruitment Ltd cover a variety of industries and sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Engineering, and Property/Estate Agency as well as many more. We take pride on building strong working relationships with local employers and candidates.
|Salary||£45,000 per annum|